We are creative, ambitious and ready for challenge! Hire Us Now
Quick Setup in Microsoft 365
Help your selves and get setup with this quick setup guide. Watch the video or follow the steps below:
Step 1 – Sign in to Microsoft 365:
One of the first things an employee should do is sign into their account to make sure all is working well.
- Go to comand choose Sign in.
- Type in the email and password you were provided by your business, and then select Sign in.
- Update your password or set up additional security requirements, like using the Microsoft Authenticator app for multi factor authentication.
Step 2 – Download and install Microsoft 365 apps
- After signing in, choose Install appsin the upper right.
2. In Chrome, go to the download on the bottom of the page and choose Open.
In Microsoft Edge, choose Save, and then Run.
- If you’re asked to allow the app to make changes, choose Yes.
Step 3 – Open Outlook and add your account
- Open Outlook and sign in.
If you already use Outlook, in the Searchbox, type account, and then select Add Account.
Tip: If you need to migrate email, contacts, or calendars, check out Move your old email, calendars, and contacts to Microsoft 365.
Step 4 – Check out Microsoft Teams
Teams is a powerful app that will become your team’s hub for collaboration and meetings.
Chat – Message someone or a group to talk about work, projects, or just for fun.
Teams – Create a team and channels to gather people together and work in focused spaces with conversations and files.
Calendar – Connect with people before, during, and after a meeting so prep and follow-up are easy to find. This Teams calendar syncs with your Outlook one.
Apps – Find familiar apps and explore new ones to simplify, customize, and manage how you work.
Step 5 – Get Outlook on your phone
- Download Outlook on your phone from the App store or the Google Play store.
- Open Outlook, choose Get Started, and add your email address and password.
Or if you were already using the app, open Outlook on an iOS or Android device and go to Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account, and then type your email address and password.
Step 6 - Set up the Microsoft Authenticator app
- Sign in to your work or school account and then go to your My Account portal.
- Select Security info in the left menu or by using the link in the Security info pane. If you have already registered, you’ll be prompted for two-factor verification. Then, select Add method in the Security info pane.
3. On the Add a methodpage, select Authenticator app from the list, and then select Add.
4. On the Start by getting the app page, select Download nowto download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device, and then select For more information about how to download and install the app, see Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
If you want to use an authenticator app other than the Microsoft Authenticator app, select I want to use a different authenticator app.
If your organization lets you choose a different method besides the authenticator app, you can select I want to set up a different method.
5. Remain on the Set up your accountpage while you set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device.
6. Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select to allow notifications (if prompted), select Add accountfrom the Customize and control icon on the upper-right, and then select Work or school account.
7. Return to the Set up your accountpage on your computer, and then select Next. The Scan the QR code page appears.
8. Scan the provided code with the Microsoft Authenticator app QR code reader, which appeared on your mobile device after you created your work or school account in Step 6.
9. The authenticator app should successfully add your work or school account without requiring any additional information from you. However, if the QR code reader can’t read the code, you can select Can’t scan the QR codeand manually enter the code and URL into the Microsoft Authenticator app. For more information about manually adding a code, see Manually add an account to the app.
10. Select Next on the Scan the QR codepage on your computer. A notification is sent to the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device, to test your account.
11. Approve the notification in the Microsoft Authenticator app, and then select Next. Your security info is updated to use the Microsoft Authenticator app by default to verify your identity when using two-step verification or password reset.